Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Duplicating a sheet has doubled each resource usage

I have created a sheet of activities and then allocated resources to each task as normal.

I then wanted to keep this sheet as is, as a template. I made a copy of this sheet to do some "what-ifs" scenarios on this sheet and keep the original intact.

However in the Resource View, each resource is picking up the utilisation from both the original and the copy and hence is "doubling up" and I'm seeing 200% everywhere

Is there a way of seeing just the resource usage from the copied "what-ifs" scenario sheet?     

Comments

• Hi Nigel-- If you don't want allocation in a sheet to appear in your Resource Views (or to appear overallocated), you could disable Resource Management in the sheet you are using as a template. To do this, right-click any column header and select "Edit Project Settings", click the Resource Management tab on the left side of the window, and uncheck the box for Resource Management enabled. Hope this helps!

• Hi Kennedy.  Excellent! thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated.  I hadnt realised that if a sheet is copied, it also copies across Resource Management, hence the "doubling up" of allocation

Thnaks once again :)

This discussion has been closed.