Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

creating a new user group by importing emails

Eric W.
Eric W. ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi all,

I have created a survey that I want to send to about 250 people.

Most, if not all of these users are already in Smartsheet (at a global level).

I've created a Group called "survey list" and want to add these 250 people. I exported these users to Excel and did some magic to create a comma separated list into a single cell.  I've tried copying and pasting the list and it only adds the first person in the list.  The only option appears to be to select them individually from the list of users. Which is extremely time consuming for 250 contacts.

Is there a way I can import this list to the new user group "survey list" all at once?

Thanks,

Eric

Comments

• Hi Eric-- It isn't currently possible to create a Group by importing a CSV file but that is a great idea and I will bring it up to our Product team at my upcoming meeting with them to get their feedback on it and see if it could be introduced in a future product update. In the meantime, you might consider copying the web form URL from Smartsheet and sending it to these users via email, where you will likely be able to enter emails as comma-separated values. 

• Marc Hauge
    Marc Hauge ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have the ability to either import a list of emails or just copy and paste a list like how it is possible in gmail.  This should also be possible when sharing a sheet or workspace.  Even if we had the ability to check all contacts when creating a group or sharing, that might allow for a work around, but no such luck.  

This discussion has been closed.