Automated Update Request for Multiple Emails

Liz K
Liz K
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello

I set up an automated update request to occur every Monday morning for users in a specified column. This column allows for multiple emails per cell. I am getting reports the emails are not going to all users. It seems like there may be an issue with sending the email to those emails that are second or third in the cell while the first email in the cell does receive the email. 

I am not positive that this is the issue. Any help with this is much appreciated!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/30/19

Hi Liz,

It should work! There can be a couple of reasons why it doesn't.

Have it worked before?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Liz

I would check the Automation Permissions that you have on your workflows.

If you go to the sheet, click on the Automation menu and select Manage Workflows; in the top right corner of that dialog box there is a "little cog" button (to the left of the close button).  Click on this and the Automation Permissions window will open showing you the level of restrictions being associated with your workflow. 

I would hazard a guess that it might be set to the most restrictive where the least restrictive might give you what you are looking for.

Let me know if this helps.  If not, do come back and we'll investigate other areas ;)

Kind regards

Debbie

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To add:

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission.setting for the Automations. (cog in the upper right corner in the Automation overview) 

Pesonal Settings.png

Automation Permissions.png

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.