Dates must be formatted correctly

Mentat
Mentat
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Has anyone else ran into this issue?  I have two separate accounts, and I started getting this same error on every form submission for both.  This must have started two or three weeks ago.

Capture 2.jpg

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/30/19

Hi,

I've seen a few reports of the same issue so there seems to be a problem at the moment.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my!

On reading this I thought I'd go and test my forms too - it appears that the forms have changed and the date picker is registering any date as MM/DD/YYYY format; irrespective of the personal settings on the users machine.

When the data from the form is submitted the date is incorrectly formatted in the sheet.  If you use the date picker in the sheet then it stores the date as per the regional preferences in your personal settings.

Oh - this isn't good.  I will be raising this with Smartsheet immediately.  Thank you for spotting this and pointing it out.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have had a initial response from Smartsheet:

"I've just confirmed this was a behavior from a bug last month that was initially resolved. It's possible it's resurfaced and I've reported this to our team(have found other relevant cases coming in).

Currently we are awaiting a response from our Escalations team, and there is no current ETA on a fix. Thank you for your report and documentation!

Your case has been added to our list of effected users who've reported the issue. Once we have a solution in place, we'll reach out to advise you, and we appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue.  "

I'll keep you updated...

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There was an update on another post from the Smartsheet Community manager saying that they have run an update and the forms are all working again now in the regional settings against the users personal settings.

I can confirm that my forms are now working again - so hopefully your issue has also been fixed.

(Fingers crossed!)

Kind regards

Debbie