Can I auto assign multiple users in a form?!

Allison Jones
Allison Jones ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a form that auto assigns when a new record is created. The sheet allows multiple contacts to be assigned - however, I can only select 1 in the "default" value.... :(

Tags:

Comments

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Have you enabled the "Allow multiple contacts per cell" option? 

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to know what the delimiter is that Smartsheet uses when separating out contacts. Otherwise even enabling multiple contacts per cell won't work.

There may be a workaround though. Can you explain your process in more detail?

You say "Default value". Does the person submitting the form change this at times? If so, do they need to be able to enter multiple emails? Is it necessary to use emails, or would it work if you entered "John Doe", and his email was populated by a formula on the sheet?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Allison Jones
    Allison Jones ✭✭✭✭

yes - however in the form, users are only able to select 1 in the drop down of contacts.

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Have you added all of the contact names under Values in the Contact Column in the sheet? 

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This bug still exists. you can only have 1 default notification person.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.