Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

use of sheet as a blog or project update board

Options
Tim Meeks
Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is anybody using SS as a blog or project update board?

We have both internal and external people to communicate with and intstead of trying to make sure everyone is looped in on an email, we were just brainstorming on how to use SS to keep everyone informed, but allow users to post.  Somewhat like SharePoint?

I was thinking of creating simple columns like:

TOPIC, USER, COMMENT

And creating Notificaitons that are emailed DAILY of all the posts. 

Of course Dicussions & attachments can be used.

And we have SIGHTS so I could have that be a front page to start from.

Thoughts? 

Tags:

Comments

• I think Sights is the best dashboard overview.  This is of course just pulling information from sheets though so your updates sheet would still be needed.  I do a similar process for customer specific projects.

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use Sights as well for my bosses, board memebers and collaboraters.  It saves a considerable amount of my time.  I don't have to stop what I'm doing to answer update questions for the above referenced people.  They can go to the the sight and get all the info they need at a one stop shop.  It is a very useful tool.  As far as comments, if you have the sight widget linked to the Smartsheet the data was pulled from the collaboraters can click on the widget and the widget will take them to that sheet.  At that point the collborater can comment in the sheet directly.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/12/16
    Options

Yes tim, a good use of the tool. Also use it for keeping an easily found record of project decisions and Q & A when planning a major implementation. 

Also like to use Smartsheet as a Reference Library to make all the corporate documentation easy to find alphabetically and sectioned using Hierarchy. Links to the relevant Smartforms too.

Any more good suggestions?

RichardR 

This discussion has been closed.