Matching values from different datasets

John Jebamani
John Jebamani ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Having difficulty trying to match 2 distinct values from one sheet to another.

We have one dataset that tracks submissions on a daily basis from multiple locations. I been trying to find a way to match 2 distinct values from one sheet to cross reference the master sheet to verify if a form submission was conducted from the location on a specific day.

The location submission picture showcases which location has filed a report for what day. 

The location tracking picture showcases that location for the previous 3 days.

I been trying to use vlookup along with index/match function to get this to work but doesn't seem to be working.

From the location tracking, I'm trying to verify if the location has submitted a form for the dates listed above, and if so would like to indicate "Yes" it has been submitted, and "No" that there isn't a record for that specific date.

I been trying to lookup the location, and the date and match it to the master data set but it doesn't seem to be working.

Location Submission.PNG

Location Tracking.PNG

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try something like this...

=IF(COUNTIFS({Master Sheet Location Column}, $[Airport Master List:]@row, {Master Sheet Date Column}, [Previous Day:]$1) > 0, "Yes", "No")

If you put that in the cell of [Previous Day:]2 (top left corner of your table data), then you can dragfill over and down to auto-update the formula with the correct cell references. Just be sure to leave the $ symbols where they are as they lock in row or column refrences as needed.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!