Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automate Value Recording

Harsh Parikh
Harsh Parikh ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

All,

I am trying to setup a PMO dashboard where I am putting Total Portfolio Value graph.

I have to update the graph fortnightly to record current value.

Is there anyway to automate this function so that everytime I dont have to manually enter value.

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

It's definitely possible, but you have to describe your individual project sheets and your dashboard specs to help us help you.  Is your dashboard another smartsheet, a Sight or a report, what coumns are you usnig etc., etc.

thanks,

brett

• Thank you for your reply.

I have a Portfolio Planning sheet in Smartsheet where I store all projects data.

I have a column in this sheet which counts total Portfolio Value. This column value will change everytime when any change is made in the sheet. I want to record this value bi-weekly and save it in a different sheet. Currently, I open the Portfolio Planning Sheet every alternate Monday, get the value and from the column and put the value in another sheet. Can I automate this task?

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes,

It would be very complicated, however.  You would have to have linked cells, a business process to ensure that spreadsheets are updated on regular basis and a couple of really complicated date formulas with error checking.  It would probably take two hours to map out and a day or two to build (rough estimate).   I know that all the elements are available, the details of exactly how you want to present it in your spreadsheets would define the final complexity.

I know that is a frustratingly  vague answer, but it is a complex ask that could only accurately be addressed with specs.

• Thanks Brett.. Appreciate your time!

This discussion has been closed.