COUNTIFS and/or IFS help needed

@CollabMeganPMP
@CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Here is my situation:

I have a PMO tracking sheet that is tracking many projects through various statuses.Β  I am putting together a metrics sheet so I can create charts to put on a dashboard.

In the metric sheet I am trying to count the number of projects by department where the status is not Complete or Cancelled.Β Β 

I can't get the formula right...Β 

Here is what I am trying to at least exclude Complete projects, but banging my head against the wall.Β  Why can't there be a formula wizard/builder??

=IF(({StatusRange}<>"Complete")),(COUNTIFS({DepartmentRange}, Counts@row),)

Comments

• Gil Nash
    Gil Nash ✭✭✭

You could try (Department1 being QM and Department2 being CD)

=COUNTIFS($DepartmentRange$1:$DepartmentRange$6, "Department1", $Status$1:$Status$6, <>"Complete", $Status$1:$Status$6, <>"Cancelled")

Β 

=COUNTIFS($DepartmentRange$1:$DepartmentRange$6, "Department2", $Status$1:$Status$6, <>"Complete", $Status$1:$Status$6, <>"Cancelled")

SS-help.JPG

• Gil Nash
    Gil Nash ✭✭✭

If you wanted to keep a running total in 1 column, you could try something similar to this:

Β 

=IF(Department@row = "QM", COUNTIFS(Department$1:Department1, "QM", Status$1:Status1, NOT(OR(@cell = "Cancelled", @cell = "Complete"))), IF(Department@row = "SD", COUNTIFS(Department$1:Department1, "SD", Status$1:Status1, NOT(OR(@cell = "Cancelled", @cell = "Complete"))), IF(Department@row = "CD", COUNTIFS(Department$1:Department1, "CD", Status$1:Status1, NOT(OR(@cell = "Cancelled", @cell = "Complete"))))))

SS-help2.JPG

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try something like this...

Β 

=COUNTIFS({DepartmentRange}, Counts@row, {StatusRange}, AND(@cell <> "Complete", @cell <> "Cancelled"))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

I'll give these a whirl!! Thanks for the replies :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!