Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do you create a "days remaining until start date" column that will select the start date one eac

Options
Barnabe Geis
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello! I'm new to Smarsheet and haven't been able to figure this one out. I have a sheet with many tasks that have different start and end dates. I want to create a column that will tell me how many days are left until the start date of each task. This formula works: =[Start Date]23 - TODAY() But I need it to automatically modify itself so that if it is on row 5 it selects Start Date 5, if on 6 it selects Start Date 6, and so on. Each days remaining cell on each row should show number of days until start date on their same row. Please help and thank you! 

PS it would be even better if it didn't show negative days but just counted down to zero and then remained at zero. 

Comments

• Matt Hines
    Options

Your formula should work if you copy and paste and should update the [Start Date] row automatically. If you want to add some less than zero logic then you should just add an IF statement in there like this =IF([Start Date]23 - TODAY() < 0, 0, [Start Date]23 - TODAY() < 0) .

This discussion has been closed.