How to create a report with task finished in last 5 days

Daniel Melton
Daniel Melton ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to create a report that tells me how many tasks have been completed in the last 5 days. Currently, I have a reporting field called child to make sure I only show children tasks and i also work off the status of blue.  In the when I put finished is in the last 5 day(s). When I am looking at the report I don't show any items finished during that time frame when I just completed two today. 

I am probably missing something as that seems to be the case 99% of the time. 

Thanks,

Dan

Reporting Question.png

Comments

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that:

1. "last five days" does not include today, so don't expect tasks completed today in that set;

2. the content of the column called Status actually has to have a text string "Blue" in it

When I build reports I tend to get caught on the simplest things, so I thought I would point out logic traps I have fallen into.

I would try removing the Child condition and see what happens (my teams never mark parent tasks as complete anyway!)

dm

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Daniel

You can select multiple sets of criteria for the same range when using the report builder.

Set you date column to look at "in the past 5 days" then use the next dropdown to include "is Today".

See screenshot below.

@DM

The status column does not have to have the text string of Blue in it. If the column is a RYGB type, referencing a Blue status will show as it does in the screenshot attached to the original post.

Comm_1.PNG

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Jlind
    Jlind ✭✭

Please and thank you

How do I get to this report builder?