Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives
The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.
Publish Selected Columns
I would like to see an enhancement that allows selecting columns to publish (similar to how columns can be selected for an update request).
I am using a trial of Smartsheet to evaluate it as a possible solution for task management in my company. We currently use Excel to log work coming into a department and estimate lead times. When tasks are completed they are sent to a "completed" worksheet.
This is how I want Smartsheet to work for me:
- Create master sheet for all active tasks and all associated tracking data
- Create team sheet which will include all active tasks but hide columns which are not needed.
- Create outside-department sheet which will hide and lock some columns.
- As tasks are edited on any sheet the edits affect all versions.
- As tasks are completed they are moved to a "completed" sheet and are no longer found on above versions.
Cell linking isn't working well for this because links need to be manually created/deleted when rows are added or removed from the master sheet.