Prioritising responses

Kylie D'Costa
Kylie D'Costa ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi SS guru's!

I'm looking to create a dashboard that essentially visualises a list in priority order, based on the time we receieve a form response.

So far I have a sheet where responses are logged, and we use system generated modified (date) to log the date and time we recieved the confirmation.

What I want to do is create a dashboard showing these entries in order of being modified - oldest at the top, newest entry at the bottom.

Any ideas on what formula's etc I'd need to make this happen? 

I've attached a screen shot of the information i have. 

Thanks  everyone!

truck order.PNG

Comments

• Nasir@EBC
    Nasir@EBC ✭✭✭
    edited 11/21/19

Hi Kylie

To accomplish this, please follow these steps:

1. open the report that you are using in the Dashboard
    2. right-click on the column-header titled "Modified" (as in your case); a context menu will appear 
    3. choose the option "Sort Report..." from the context menu (please see attached screenshot titled "report context menu")
    4. in the Sort Report dialog that appears now, choose the column-name "Modified" in the top-level drop-down list titled "Sort items by:" (please see attached screenshot titled "report sort")
    5. ensure that the radio button "Sort Ascending" is selected next to this drop-down. 
    6. Click OK to close this dialog and press CTRL + S to save this report. 
    7. that's it! 

Now when you will include this report in your dashboard, it will always show you all the rows in "oldest on top" order. 

Hope this helps! 

Best

Nasir

report context menu.PNG

report sort.PNG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kylie,

You could use a report that is sorted by Modified.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.