Cell linking

Options
Phil Wightman
Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

What am I doing wrong?

I am linking cells from one sheet to another. When I do so I select two cells and then link them to two cells in another sheet.  However, only the first cell has a link not the adjacent one?

Also when I delete the link and go to try again the deleted link still appears in the source sheet.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Phil,

Strange!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you provide some screenshots? As long as the range shape matches exactly, you should be able to cell link multiple cells.

For example... If you select a 1 x 2 grid for linking, you would need to select a 1 x 2 grid from the other sheet. If you were to select a 2 x 1 grid, then you would end up with the results you are running into now.

All cells must also be adjacent. If they are not, then you will need to link them individually.