Sending An Update Request after 30 Days

Sending An Update Request after 30 Days

Hello!

I'm trying to send an update request to be alerted during the following time periods:

• 30 days after the initial row was added
  • 60 days after the initial row was added
  • 90 days after the initial row was added

I have an "entry date" field to build off of to serve as the date the row was added. Is there a way to do this through the "update request" workflow feature? Is this what the condition of "entry date" is "not in the last 30 days" would suffice?

Or is this something that a formula has to be created for? If so, how would one do that?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Lauren

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks so much!

How would I continue this formula for an entire column to auto-populate when a new row is added?

• Ok last question...

The formulas worked great. I new rows are added at the top of the sheet so I'm hoping that the formulas will work themselves out.

I just want to make sure that I set up the logic correctly. Does the image below look right?

Is the Trigger correct? And the condition should be based on that specific date that appears in the column due to the formula which would be "today", right?

I really appreciate your help on this. I would have never figured it out myself.

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

You are going to want to set the trigger itself to look at the 30 day column then make your condition of the Student Status being blank. You would then duplicate this automation and just change the date column in the trigger.

• Ok so I'd need to create a separate automation for each x-Day alert rather than having it all in the same automation?

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lauren Ford I believe so. Multi-tiered Automatons aren't my strongest point when it comes to Smartsheet. I learned automations back when you HAD to set up one for each. Since the release of the multi-tiered automations, I haven't needed to set anything up that required it.

@Andrée Starå would be the guru to ask on this one. He is definitely much more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to these.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lauren Ford

@Paul Newcome Thanks for the kind words!

Lauren,

How did it go? Do you need more help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Hi there! Sorry for the delay. As far as I know it did work in my testing phase. I ended up doing a single tiered automation for one project and a multi-tiered automation for another one. I just rolled it out to actual users so I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes well. If I have any questions, I'll certainly reach out!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Lauren

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/29/20

@Lauren Ford

Excellent! 

Happy to help! 

Best,

Andrée Starå