Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resource exports

Options
Ken Wickenden
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi I'm wanting to use SS more in how we do resource planning. One thing which is quite painful is the output from the export on the resource view. 

What would be easier as a complimentary tab on the excel export is a  more "Pivot table usable" output, for the same range so something like

Date Project Resource Allocation

this would then allow the data to be managed more easily in Excel. The output you provide is very simlar to this but not standardised, as it has been melded into a cross between data and report. 

I've attempted to do this through the reports view, however Reports can only show start and stop dates, not the allocation per day on a range of dates.

I'm working with macros to try and reprocess the exisiting format, but that is somewhat challenging! If anyone has written some good macros for processing the Smartsheet resource outputs, are you willing to share?

Cheers, Ken

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Ken, we currently don't have macro functionality or resource planning on the level of seeing the percentage of allocation per day on a task. 

I'll get your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further review by our Product team.

With that being said, if you're using Excel to further manipulate data from your sheet, you might consider looking in to the ODBC driver: ttps://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1910037

This discussion has been closed.