How to populate dropdown value list from another sheet

Options

Answers

• Wesley De La Harpe
    edited 10/28/20
    Options

+1 from me.

Over the past year of my paid subscription, I too have hit many basic features that should be in the default product.

@Jamielepard hit it nail on the head - this is a strategy they have adopted in order to milk users PER YEAR for Each 'App', on top of their current subscription, containing basic features you get in excel.

I would suggest if you want to keep this cross sell approach you have, have the 'app' price reasonable - you want to charge PER YEAR, to enable pivoting which you could rather get a whole O365 subscription with all apps including Excel for less than $200. 🤯😤

I too am a smart sheet evangelist, but even I couldn't put up enough smoke and mirrors to shareholders to justify the price.

Its now made them question if this is the right platform for our business to build upon since its clear you are lured in with some pretty awesome features, but you're caught with your pants down without having the basics.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have request ed this and other members from my organization have requested this. we want it!

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• danieldose
    Options

Please implement this feature. Common sense applications for smartsheet become unusably maintenance intensive without this simple/basic feature. I really don't see any excuse at this point for this not being included in the software.

• Peter Geissert
    Options

We are currently building some project management tools in Smartsheet, and this is a major stumbling block. A member of our team working on these has told me he thinks this is not possible, and did not believe him! It is frankly astonishing. I assumed that something so basic would be part of the package. Finding out that it is not makes me question the usefulness of the product as a whole. Smartsheet could be indispensable, but this is not a small limitation.

• Ion Coada
    Options

I follow the discussion and also need this feature to become available.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dear Smartsheet,

We had a client with over 100 users wanting to use Smartsheet that decided to go with Excel Online, because this isn't a feature. that was a $30,000 a year contract you just lost :(

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Vasiles Kiosses
    Options

Same from my company many of our program managers ask the same question and I am sure I submitted this request already.

• tesman2
    tesman2 ✭✭
    Options

Wow, after reading this thread and the amount of requests it does not seem like Smartsheet really cares about their customers requesting this change. I too need this option but based on the age of this feed I should not plan on getting it.

• Nathan Kane
    Options

Smartsheets has fell off..

I am ready to delete my account I am so frustrated. I mean, Is it really that much to ask? You ask me to pay how much a month for the lack of basic features. Sincerely Disappointed and looking to move my database elsewhere.

• Nancy Tan
    Options

I'm also very disappointed that this basic feature isn't available in smartsheet..

• I have to agree with this. I'm evaluating whether Smartsheet can replace Airtable and dropdowns/lookups between sheets seem to be the key missing features.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jonathan Goldman

Yes, I agree. If we had that feature built-in it would be a gamechanger for sure.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

There are possible workarounds with premium add-ons or 3rd parts solutions.

I hope that helps!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Teresa Drury
    Options

Wow. How terribly disappointing to have read all of the comments only to come to the one posted on 12/31 by Andree Stara which ignores all the earlier comments where people HAVE submitted enhancement requests, and have been assured that the enhancement would be forthcoming. Seriously sounds to me like Smartsheet is tone-deaf.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Teresa Drury

I'm not ignoring any earlier comments if that is what you mean.

I'm encouraging everyone to submit an Enhancement Request because the Smartsheet team looks at how many requests they get for each feature and then use that together with other criteria to decide what to work on.

Make sense?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nathan Kane
    Nathan Kane ✭✭
    edited 01/06/21
    Options

Yes, that makes TOTAL SENSE! I and many others have requested this for years..Don’t give us the same Ol run around, fix the problem. The simple things.. all we ask for, Smartsheets should make a sheet that prioritizes how big and important the request is..

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!