Is there any way to remove/exclude conversations/discussion from a report?

It seems that Smartsheet is designed to carry over to a report all attachments and conversations associated with each row in an underlying sheet. Is there any work around available? It seems that even if a conversation column were hidden, a report viewer would be able to unhide the column. Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

It seems like the the solution that would be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View. Is that an option?

More info: 

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• RCPrimary
    RCPrimary ✭✭
    edited 04/14/23

Hi Andre,

Out of curiosity, is there a page that lists all the user requested features that Smartsheet has added?

I am frequently searching the forums and constantly seeing these posts linking users to the request feature page, however most posts are up to 3-4 years old and the features in question are still not implemented. I am often seeing these on up to 20+ forum posts asking for the same exact feature.

And this isn't a single feature I try to search for, but just about every single thing I would think is a basic feature, I get met with a "Unfortunately not, but here's the feature request page."

So I'm curious how seriously Smartsheet takes user feature requests.

Given Smartsheet's massive cooperation and sharing centric selling points, it's major corporation user base, and the fact that major corporations need to limit access to certain information internally and externally, it concerns me why basic features designed to manage access to information are missing, hidden behind upper tier and expensive paywalls, or half baked at best.

• Hi @RCPrimary

Yes, we have a release notes page, here! You can see a list of the new releases over the years, and you can subscribe to get notifications from this page as well.

In the past, the general Community forum was not reviewed by the Product team, so old threads that you see are conversations between members but not necessarily feedback that was sent to Product through the feedback form. Recognizing this, we implemented a new area called Product Feedback & Ideas (linked in the top header of the Community) that enables members to vote on feature requests so we can collect feedback in one place and not have many separate discussions, as you've seen. The Product team actively reviews the top-voted posts and provides a status update on these requests.

In regards to your specific request (hiding comments in a Report), if your users only need Viewer access, I would suggest embedding that Report onto a Dashboard using a Report Widget. This will hide both the Comments and Attachments for each row!

Cheers,

Genevieve