Enhancement Request

Options

Hello,

I have a few requests that would enhance my Smartsheet productivity that may be useful to others as well. Please redirect my post if this is in the wrong area since it has been a while since I've posted if at all. I understand that some of these features may be available in the premium add-ons that Smartsheet offers, but I was inquiring to see if they would be added in the basic function as well.

Features to add:

1). The ability to right click on a DASHBOARD view link to open the item into a new tab. This would be useful if you are using your Dashboard as your main focus HUB and would save you the trouble of having to leave the Dashboard workflow.

2). The ability to copy an automated workflow to other sheets rather than recreating the workflow. This would be for sheets already created and function similarly to the Summary Report copy function.

3). The ability to change a Column format and have associated Reports linked to the source sheet recognize the Column change rather than producing a not found error.

4). The ability to store Sheet Forms in a more accessible library for easier internal and external sharing options.

5). A numbered Grid system on the Dashboard editor to adjust and create widget sizing.

6). A menu bar dropdown on Sheets that store the Column Names so you can easily check if your Sheet Columns are correct and accounted for. (This function is similar to the Report list when searching a source sheet).

7). The ability to copy conditional formatting to other created Sheets.

8). The ability to submit a request to a sheet owner for an automated workflow you would like to see implemented that involves all workflow features including moving or copying rows.

9). An easier way to track cell history for critical changes rather than alerts, highlights, or copying data to other sheets based on automated workflows.

10). The ability to grant editor permissions to a source sheet so users can update through Reports, but make it so they do not actually have direct access to the main source sheet other than through the Report.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Joseph Rispoli

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Joseph,

Here's my feedback on the first one.

1. Depending on what you want to open, there is a solution to this. What is it you want to open in another tab more specifically?

Great ideas! Those would be a great addition to Smartsheet features. Please submit a request for each.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Patrick D
    Patrick D ✭✭
    edited 06/27/23
    Options

Love these recommendations. I would add:

• Ability to make datasheet columns required so a row entry cannot be saved unless those columns are populated. I know the "using forms" trick; but they always find the datasheets. And "using conditional formatting to highlight these cells", but that does not prevent the problem.
    • Lookup dropdown columns - Like in Sharepoint, being able to create a column in one sheet where the list of dropdown values is a lookup of a column in another sheet. Setting up data shuttles for all of these is tedious and inefficient. This is especially needed for contact columns. If I could point every contact column I create in a space to one column in one sheet for its values,, it would save us SO much time and pain.
  • Danielle Wilson
    Options

@Joseph Rispoli You might want to look into creating a WorkApp as well as this might address some of your requests, such as being able to share reports with someone as an editor without giving them access to the underlying sheets.

In addition, you can link forms as pages in the WorkApp to make them easier to find when sharing them out with people.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!