Formula to record attendance using check boxes and flag the row if missing meetings?

I am new to SmartSheet and need assistance creating a formula or function to make it easier to to keep up with attendance for meetings once a month. Any one person from the group can attend and as long as one person does, the entire group gets credit. I would like to use a function which will give me a quick indicator that someone, or several from the group attended the meeting each month. Then I need a separate function that would allow me to flag groups that did not make 75% of the meetings. Is this possible? Again I have very little knowledge, but every =countif I have tried is only looks at the last cell I enter. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give a newbie.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have specific instructions for how to do this but you might want to also set up a row that indicates that the meeting was held each time. Then do some sort of count to determine the total number of meetings held, then compare that with the number of meetings each person/group attended, to get your percentage and flag the row based on that total percentage.

Hopefully that will help point you in the right direction.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If your top row was Meeting Held and you used checkboxes, you could count across the row to get a baseline number in a column at the end of those meeting dates.

Then you could also count the number of meetings each person attended, and create a count for the group even, of the number of meetings attended. Then produce a functional percentage by dividing the total number of meetings ubtoi the groups attendance to get a percentage for each group.

• Thank you for that information. It sounds like you are saying I am missing some rows, etc.. to truly make this work the way I was thinking. I will add in the things you suggested and let you know if that worked to help me achieve what I was looking for.

Thank You

• Mike,

I was able to figure out that by using =Has , I was able to select one or multiple attendees and get my indicator on the top row for the attendance I was looking for. I think you are right about needing a baseline to pull the percentage and set the flag. Hopefully that will fix my issues.

Sincerely,

David