SUMIFS on columns

SUMIFS on columns

I'm looking to sum the values in the duration column, if the row is not marked as a bug (this is a checkbox column) and if the district name matches a value (in this case Muskogee).

This is what I've come up with and it's not working:

=SUMIFS(Duration:Duration, [District Name]:[District Name], "Muskogee", [Program Bug/No Charge]:[Program Bug/No Charge], "0")

Help :(

Answers

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Try removing the quotes from around the zero.

=SUMIFS(Duration:Duration, [District Name]:[District Name], "Muskogee", [Program Bug/No Charge]:[Program Bug/No Charge], 0)

• I started with that. I'm getting a circular reference error, but I'm not sure why. None of these fields are dependent on each other.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jennifer Levey

Hi Jennifer,

Strange!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

What column is your formula in? Did you check your data ranges to ensure that error isn't present in any of those cells?