count if statements not working

I'm trying to get my countif statements to work. I need to count multiple dept IDs in one column, and pulling information from multiple sheets into one dashboard.

In one column, the countif statement IS working and returning a calculated number. It looks like this: =COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="362") + COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="357") + COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="366") + COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="376") + COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="379") + COUNTIF({Age 65 and over Range 1}, ="388")

In the same sheet, I'm trying to pull from another sheet similar information, and is NOT working. The results are calculating, but coming back 0: =COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="357") + COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="362") + COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="366") + COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="376") + COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="379") + COUNTIF({Employee Absence Tracking Range 1}, ="388")

What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!