Automated Workflow is saying it's triggered but not sending email/showing up in updates list

Hello,

I have created a few automated work flows that are to go out monthly. The automation went out just fine last month, but now after updating the information to be the next month, it says it was triggered, but does not show up in the Update Request log. I set up a whole new workflow as a test and neither of the recipients received the automation, and it does not appear in the update request log, but the automation says it was triggered. Any idea why?

You can see in the screen shots below, the manual update requests on 3/17 were the last items to go out, and there have been no automatic updates since 3/18

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @L'Erin Carmode

Could you post a full screen capture of the entire workflow? (I'd like to see if there are potential conditions set up that prevented it from running). It would also help to see a screen capture of the sheet as well... with any sensitive data blocked out like you have done in the picture above.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• L'Erin Carmode
    edited 03/20/20

Thanks @Genevieve P . Here is a screen showing the full automation. There are several rows that fit this criteria given April 2020 and Term 1.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Thanks for the pictures!

I just did a quick test and set up a similar workflow with the same two conditions and it worked as expected (the difference being the trigger set to when something was changed, versus to run on a specific date/time).

In your first screen capture of the Update Request Log it looks like you're scrolled to the bottom; could you scroll to the top and see if there is just one row with the automated request listed? Automated Workflows gather all the rows together in one line instead of showing individual rows. For example, in my log both Rows 1 and 7 are listed:

That said, in your sheet I can see that Row 92 doesn't have a small envelope icon next to it on the left to indicate a request was sent, which it should.

I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support since your workflow seems to be set up correctly.

• Thanks Genevieve. The Update Request Log did not show any of the automations in the last month and none of the 6 recipients received an email (even with grouped rows). I will reach out to Smartsheet Support. Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was racking my brain trying to figure this out. Support wasn't able to. I finally figured it out after several months.

You can UNSUBSCRIBE from workflow updates, which includes update requests. If you do you unsubscribe from ALL update requests.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.