I am not receiving any notifications from smartsheet and in email

Options
2»

Answers

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

I'm having a similar issue here. What is odd is that I am getting some notifications and not others which I don't understand. All notifications were also working up until a week or so ago (for over a year) so I'm not sure why they suddenly stopped. Can you please help?

~Jaime

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Jaime Ciabattoni

Are you receiving notifications in-app, just not in your emails?

Have you checked through the points mentioned on this thread (e.g, your personal settings to make sure all the right checkboxes are checked, your current Spam or email filters).

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

I did not have the "Change sheet notifications" checked, but that didn't stop them from coming before. I did some more testing and they seem to be coming thru now. Do you know if something changed in the system where that checkbox overrides workflows specifically looking for sheet changes?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Jaime Ciabattoni

It sounds like your personal settings may have been configured so that any sheet changes made by yourself wouldn't send you an email (e.g. if you were the one to mark a row as "Completed", it wouldn't send you the alert because you actioned the item), however sheet changes made by others would. Is that possible?

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Below is my workflow, it's set to send an email to me for any changes so not sure why me making them verses someone else should make a difference. Before I started not receiving the notifications, I would get them when I made changes.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Jaime Ciabattoni

Thanks for sharing the workflow! Two details that may be preventing some changes from coming to you as an email alert:

1) Your account Notification Settings:

This checkbox will need to be on if you want to receive alerts when you make a change.

2) How the changes are being made (manual vs. cell-link & formula). To prevent infinite loops, coss-sheet references or cell links will not trigger change-based workflows. See: Trigger Blocks: Define When Your Workflow is Executed

• bclinton
    Options

I have checked the profile and the notification setting and they all show I should be receiving them. Someone had posted about an automation setting, but I am not finding that at all. The administrator states they have never received notification either, so do they need to set up something on their end before I will receive notifications?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @bclinton

If you're talking about a workflow in a sheet, you may need to adjust the sheet settings if the people you're alerting are not shared to that sheet:

Here's more information: Control who is notified about alerts and requests

Cheers,

Genevieve