I am not receiving any notifications from smartsheet and in email

Hi,

I am not receiving any notifications from smartsheet and in email even if I am making changes. Before when I made a change the smartsheet automatically send notification.

Please help.

Thank you

Regards,

Jeremy

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Debbie and the Community, we're trying to debug why email notifications are not flowing to a colleague's work email, but are flowing to our work emails, and to our colleague's personal email. The notifications are in a workflow to alert someone. We've edited existing workflows to add our colleague's email, and created new workflows with our colleague's work email, in multiple sheets in different workspaces, with no luck. We and our colleagues have checked and verified all of the settings above. Any additional suggestions?

We thought checking the sheet's activity log might reveal something. For example, to see if/when the workflow was triggered, and if/when the notification was sent, and to which email addresses it was sent. Perhaps her work email was NOT notified, and the activity log would explain why. But alas, only changes (edits) to workflows appear in the activity log. Triggered workflow execution and the details of what happened does not appear. Any suggestions on how to see that?

Thanks, Peter

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Peter

That is odd!

Would you be happy to zoom and screen share your sheet with me, so that we could investigate together?

[email protected]

Kind regards

Debbie

• PreethamG
    PreethamG
    edited 06/15/22

Hi @Debbie Sawyer , I am having the same issue where I'm not getting notified by emails if any row added/changed with workflow. I have checked all the conditions that mentioned on the top, they are all okay but still I'm not getting any emails? any thoughts on this?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PreethamG

These types of queries are quite tricky to investigate over the community forum. I'd happily set up a zoom / MS Teams call and do a screen share so that you can show me the settings and explain what you are expecting, then we can see if there is a reason that we are in control of, of why you are not receiving the notifications.

Do you get any notifications at all? i.e. is it just one workflow that is not triggering, or all of them?

If all of them, then there may be a setting that you IT department might need to change to allow notifications from Smartsheet to get through to your email.

Please do email me if you think it is worth a shot at me watching you test this and seeing if I can spot the cause.

Kind regards

Debbie