Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional formatting based on Cell History

Options
Lee Wapling
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi

Is there a way to format a row - based on when a partcular Cell was modified rather then when anything in the row was modified?

In this example I would like to format the row based on how may days the Client has been at a particular status

Thanks

Lee

Cell History.JPG

Comments

• Lee Wapling
    Options

Richard

Thanks - what I am trying to do is format based on how long the prospect has been at the particular stage - eg. Green if less than 30 days, Amber if longer etc.  

If you cannot format based on whena single cell was changed, perhaps there is another way to approach this?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lee,

I believe I could do this using Zapier (www.zapier.com)

I have a Zap that watches for an empty date column and a completion check box - when the check box is checked by the user, today's date is entered into the date column.

Later, if someone makes another change elsewhere in the row, which triggers the Zap, it does not do anything because the date column is not empty.

Using the same process, you could have a date column that was status-dependent and then key off that for your aging.

I'd have to flow chart it out to see how many columns and Zaps you'd need, but it is certainly possible (I believe without full testing)

Craig

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/12/16
    Options

Hi Lee, you cannot base the Format on when a single cell was changed but you can base it on the status of the column ie 1 -5 as shown? Plus Cell history will show the When if you need to interrogate? 

Does that answer your question? 

RichardR

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nice suggestion Craig, lets see if that helps Lee? 

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.