Custom tile colors not showing properly on calendar

Hi there. I have a calendar where I have customized colors under the color by column option (drop down field from a Report) and the correct colors are not showing properly in the actual calendar. Some colors show properly, but others default to a blue that I did not select vs those actually selected for that particular drop down item. Can someone help fix this issue?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are using Conditional Formatting, be sure that you have updated the color of the Task Bar. This is what drives the color in the Calendar.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• I am using the SS Calendar App to create a calendar rather than switching views to calendar in a sheet. The customized colors is an option when setting up a new calendar. The calendar is created through the calendar app itself vs. a view on an individual sheet or report where you could use conditional formatting. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Of course you would be using the app... 😜

Haha. In all seriousness though, I don't have any experience with that app, so I unfortunately won't be able to help you.

@Andrée Starå seems to have a fair amount of knowledge with these add-ons though. Maybe he can give you some guidance (tagging him in the comment sent him an email for you - hopefully he doesn't get tired of me tagging him for stuff like that hahaha).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thank you! Appreciate the quick response 👍️ @Andrée Starå any guidance you could provide would be appreciated!!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lorraine Metler

I missed this post.

Do you still need help?

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rick_Bailey
    Rick_Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå I am having the issue described above; if you could help that would be much appreciated!

• I am having this exact same problem as well.

• keith.mui
    keith.mui ✭✭✭
    edited 03/19/24

Hi All,

I too am having this same problem as the others described above but this for my case it has suddenly emerged in the past month where I have been using the same settings for the past year (Not aware of any change I may have made to cause conflict).

My settings are currently set for two categories colored (purple or yellow). I set my Checklist to star certain tiles I need to highlight to correspond to a custom tile color under the "Color by Column:" I happen to set to another color of purple.

The color I selected does not occur but rather anything I update now makes any tiles regardless of the custom tile color switches to a defaulted Blue tile. I have tried toggle off the customer tile column color and the blue tiles revert back to the category colors accordingly. This also does not happen with other fields selected only my column by color for Checklist changes any tile updated to default blue regardless of the yellow or purple I designated for my categories. Can anyone assist on this issue when using Checklist for color by column?