Segmenting Dashboards - either tabs or multi-page

Hi Smartsheet universe!

I'm looking to put together a dashboard (comprised of multiple tables from the same very large sheet).

To keep it from looking too busy, I would like to come up with a "tabbed" (like in Excel) or multi-page solution that is easily accessible from one dashboard interface.

As an intermediate user, it's not clear to me that that tabs are possible in Smartsheet dashboards.

If I'm wrong, can someone please correct me?

If not, I'm grateful for any other solutions the community can suggest.

Answers

• KLM,

I use the dashboard for metric, graphs, snap shots and use a Quick Link Report to the side that will take them directly to the Sheet/Report they want to view or enter information on.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/13/20

Hi,

When it comes to the Dashboard. It's possible to structure it, so it looks like tabs/buttons, but they will actually open another Dashboard that looks the same for the navigation part.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LydiaM
    LydiaM ✭✭✭

I've seen a couple of posts asking about how to create a dashboard with tabs that link to other dashboards but so far, all the responses just confirm that fact and I have not seen anyone provide an explanation of how this is done. :(

• Hi @LydiaM

You can create the "tabs" in multiple ways.

• You can use an Image Widget with a specific image (such as a "back" arrow) and adjust the settings from the side panel so when it's clicked it goes to a specific dashboard
    • You could use a Title Widget and hyperlink the text to go to a specific URL

To see an example, in our Games Dashboard for Seattle Engage last autumn, I used an image widget to link out to each of the games. Then in the games that were Dashboards themselves (such as Community Feud), I linked back to the Games Dashboard with an image widget as a "back" button. These are external Published links, but you could make it more cohesive by linking to the Smartsheet item instead of an external URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now