VLOOKUP Help

I'm trying to write a formula in my driver sheet that will search for an employee ID number in the completion sheet and return the text from a column within the completion sheet. I wrote the following but it returns a #NOMATCH value if the employee ID is not listed in the completion sheet. I'd also like for it to return a blank value if not listed in the completion sheet.

The formula I'm using is: =VLOOKUP([Employee ID]@row, {Confirmed}, 2, false)

Obviously not right but cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• ICue
    ICue ✭✭✭

Andrée,

Worked perfectly, thank you!!! It also helped that I moved my source sheet's columns where they needed to be. Rookie mistake. Thanks again!!!

Stay well,

Irene

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent! 

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello I am having issues as well, I have one sheet (sheet 1) with just company names and who was that company assigned to, then I have another one (sheet 2) that is being populated by a form where who actually contacted that company is recorded. I want to put together a formula that tells me on sheet 1 who actually contacted that company. this is the formula I am using but i get the same name across the whole thing. any help is appreciated.

=VLOOKUP("Business@row", {Covid 19 Member Contact Range 1}, 3)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Giancarlo

Try something like this.

=VLOOKUP(Business@row, {Covid 19 Member Contact Range 1}, 3)

Example: =VLOOKUP([Destination Sheet Column]@row; {Source Sheet Range}; 5; 0)

=VLOOKUP([Column with the value to match against]@row; {Source sheet range where the first column in the range has to contain the value we want to match}; 2 <This number we use to select the column from where we want to get the value, and from the starting column; 0<Indicates that we want to find an exact match)

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!