Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How to track new Smartsheets

Jim Jeffcoat
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there an easy way to track new sheets created? I'm the account admin, but other users want to create sheets as well. My problem is tracking those new sheets to ensure they adhear minimum standards.

Thoughts?

Jim

Comments

• Great question - I am  wondering the same thing

Scott

• Under Account,  User Management, select More Actions, Download Sheet Access Report.

The resulting csv can be opened in Excel and with the duplicate entries removed allows you to see all the created sheets and their owner.  It wont give you details of the sheet format, but at least you have a list of all sheets and when last used.

• I wonder if the Smartsheet team can confirm if there is a way to be notified when a new sheet is created?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Tony,

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no".

Templates do not store Alerts, so that route is out.

There isn't a way to automatically retreive the Sheet Access Report.

Backups wouldn't be part of the solution unless they were a part of an existing Workspace.

There might be a way with the API, but I haven't checked. I haven't checked if an API token with SysAdmin rights can see a list of all the sheets or not.

I'm adding that to my list.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.