Expense Report Ideas

I am trying to build an expense report sheet for external attendees that come to trainings. Is there a way to allow them to submit each expenses separately through a form but then somehow automatically group rows together so that we are only paying each person one time for multiple expenses? These people will only attend once, so individual sheets for each person are not a viable option.

The only thing I can think of would be to have one field that ties them all together and then create a total based on that amount using cross sheet formulas.

Does anyone have any other ideas or sheets set up that they use for a similar purpose?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

You could use the submitter and sum by submitter in the same sheet or another sheet.

Another way would be to have sections for each attendee and then move the expenses to the right one and have it sum up to the parent.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.