Month to date formula

sahilhq
sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest with a "month to date" formula that I can use in my sheet that is set up as shown in the attachment? I have a column that lists down all the dates in the year 2020. I would like to insert the formula in the checkbox column such that if the criteria is month to date criteria is met, the box checks itself. So currently, the box should be automatically checked for 1st April all the way to today's date. When the new month starts, the box should be checked from the starting of the new month and so and so forth. I hope that makes sense.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @sahilhq

If I understand you correctly, you want the checkboxes to be checked if the month is LAST month, and any of the dates from THIS month, up until Today. Is that correct?

If so, try this:

=IF(AND(MONTH(Date@row) >= MONTH(TODAY()) - 1, Date@row <= TODAY()), 1, 0)

This will check the box for anything in the last Month, which is indicated by MONTH(TODAY()) - 1. Then it will also check the box for anything in this current month, as long as it is before or equal to Today.

Here are some Help Center articles I used for this: MONTH function / TODAY function / @row function / IF function / AND function

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I misunderstood what you were looking to do.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• sahilhq
    sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P Many thanks for the response. Actually, I would like the checkboxes to be checked if it is in this month only, up until today. I don’t want any data from the last month to be shown.

Also, once the new month starts, will this formula be able to detect that the new month has started and then for example on the 4th June checks the corresponding checkboxes from 1st June - 4th June ONLY?

Thanks once again!

• sahilhq
    sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P That worked! Thank you so much :)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

No problem at all! Happy to help.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!