"You have too many activity log events to display at one time" - why?

Options
JLC
JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/20/20 in Smartsheet Basics

EDIT: on refresh, this error message actually disappeared and I can now view the Activity Log in it's entirety without adding a date range filter. This is also happening on another few old sheets - error message appears but if I refresh the sheet it disappears. Maybe something is broken!

Has anyone else experienced this error message? The confusion I have is that if I apply ONLY a date filter of the sheet's entire existence, every event is listed. This is the same list of results I would expect if I simply opened Activity Log and viewed every event in chronological order without adding any filters. Why is this error message being produced when I can pull the same number of results with a date filter?

At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal to add the filter but being able to just quickly open this tool and view the past day, two days, or week's activities is important for our team. When the results are "same same but different" it's preferable to do this without adding any date filters.

Thoughts?

On open:

With date filter applied (date range starts beyond sheet creation):