Calendar App Add On Displaying Section Titles

The app is displaying Section titles and taking up valuable vertical space. and it looks unprofessional as they have no purpose for being there. Please help if you can.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Mike,

It sounds like you don't want to have any Parent rows displayed in the Calendar app, is that correct? If so, there are two potential ways you could accomplish this.

You could set up a helper column in the source sheet which indicates if a row is a Parent "section title" row or not. This helper column could either be something like a checkbox column that you manually check which rows are Section Titles and should be excluded, or you could use a formula to auto-check the box for you.

Here's an example of what that formula could look like:

=IF(COUNT(CHILDREN([Primary Column]@row)) >= 1, 1, 0)

Then, you have two options. You could use this column as a Filter in the Calendar App (See here),

or,

if you don't want anyone to have the options of seeing the titles, you could create a Report (see here) which excludes all Parent rows, then use this Report as the item for the Calendar instead of the sheet.

Let me know if you have questions about either option.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thank you so much for your response. However, my goal is to use the Calendar App (the add on one, not the Calendar view). It provides a much better visual. But, I need to stop the parent rows from populating as they have no reason to be there. The parent row is just a Title of the different sections in bold (at the top of the outline). Any thoughts?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Mike,

Yes, exactly. There currently is no automatic way to filter out parent rows within the Calendar App.

You would need to either create a Report that excludes these lines to be the source for the App, or you could use the Filter function in the App to filter out these rows (but someone viewing the Calendar could un-do the filter and show these parents if they wanted to).

In either instance, there needs to be some sort of other indicator in the source sheet to let the Calendar App know which rows you don't want to be seen. The formula I referenced above would auto-mark which rows are Parents so that you can use this indicator column in either of the options above. Does that make sense?