Lock or Store Date/Value Solution without using Zapier

13»

Comments

• @Andrée Starå I just emailed you as well. I really hoping this is the solution I've been looking for!

• Summer
    Summer ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå

Thank you for creating and being open to sharing your approach. I've emailed you and am looking forward to seeing the example.

Have a lovely day.

• You can now record a date in a field based on row additions/changes via Workflow. I am using this to track the contract lifecycle and duration of each step as it moves from Draft-->Peer Review-->Finance Review-->Legal Review-->Approved.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rico Lalli

Yes, you're correct, but my workaround also captures and stores the time.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Doug McCready
    Doug McCready ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå

I'd love to know how you capture the time. I've sent you an EM. Thanks, Doug

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Doug McCready

I've shared it with you now!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå ,

I am attempting to capture a timestamp once a "response issued" checkbox has been selected - based off of the initial "Submittal Date" timestamp in a separate column, one could derive turnaround time for the request. This would all be integrated into PowerBI, so simply viewing cell history on a case-by-case basis would be nearly impossible.

Does you workaround solve this issue I'm running into? As of now, all I can do is run a workflow to capture a date when the "response" checkbox is selected ... but what I'm really looking for is a timestamp.

If your solution is on par with what I'm looking for, would you be willing to forward on your example?

Thank you, and have a great day!

Nick

• Hello Andree,

Thank you so much for offering a solution to the SS community. I need to capture the date/time that is listed within cell history for hundreds of rows.

I'll send you an email in hopes of obtaining a work sample that I could try to recreate on my end.

Cheers!

Robert O.