Filtering Driving Path in the Grid View

Options

Hello Community,

I'd like to filter the grid view to only show all predecessors for the current task. I thought this would be similar to filtering the grid view fro the Critical Path, but this doesn't seem to an option. is there a way to do this with a "helper" column, else?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Alan,

As you've found, there currently isn't a way to filter the Grid view to just show the Critical Path, please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment!

In regards to other potential ways of achieving a similar result, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your project with an explanation of what you want displayed (but please block out any sensitive data). You may either be able to create a Report which will only show certain rows/tasks, or set up a helper column to use in a filter, but this will depend on your specific project. Reports, Filters, and formulas cannot currently indicate if a row has Dependent rows or not, so it may require some manual work as well.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• jadenb
    jadenb ✭✭
    Options

I have found great filter solution that works for showing all predecessors of a selected task and using this to track driving path in grid view. This is displayed below.

To do this, put the line number of the task you want to track in the top row. It will then display all the tasks predecessors. Additionally, there is an option to then filter it further by using a "status" filter that displays the predecessors that are not completed or in progress.