Unable to select data range for a dashboard chart

2»

Answers

• Paul Grim
    Paul Grim ✭✭✭✭✭

@beth_linder28141 I still have this issue from time-to-time. I have never been able to pinpoint the cause. I've tried disabling my browser extensions to no avail.

Sometimes it will work if you double-click (or triple-click) the name of the data source as Genevieve suggested. Or try it in a different browser (Firefox is sometimes more reliable in Smartsheet for me than Chrome is).

As for the primary column, I believe that's a required column in all sheets and reports.

Smartsheet Certified Product User

• rebecca2117
    rebecca2117 ✭✭
    edited 11/01/21

I'm having this issue, trying to create a chart from a report. I made a number of charts already, so I'm confused why I can't do it now. Wondering if it's how I created the report?

Is there a limitation regarding how the reports are made as to why I can or cannot create a chart? i.e. I made a report pulling from several sheets and was able to create a chart no problem. I have a report I used pulling only 1 sheet but adding summaries, cannot create a chart.

Edit: as soon as I added a Grouping to my report, it allowed me to pull the data into a chart...

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @rebecca2117

I'm glad you were able to make it work! Yes, you need both Grouping and Summary applied for the Chart widget to recognize the numbers to map.

Cheers,

Genevieve