Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Update Webform URL's included in Folder when Save As New used

Options
Chris Winward
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

We are currently running multiple Projects and have setup a Master Folder with our Process Task lists in using Card View.  Within Card View we have links to some Webforms used to capture Data for certain key tasks.  The Webform sheets are located in the same folder.

When we do Save As New using the Master Folder to Create a specific project folder it does not update the URL's but instead maintains links back to the Original Forms in the Master folder.  We need it to be on the new folder.  

Is there anyway of updating the links without having to go into each task that has a link to a Webform?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chris,

I doubt it.

The URL's can be kept or discarded during the Save as New process, but there is no way for it to refresh to the new URL.

The link is not a link as in "I'm connected to that particlar thing and when it changes its location, I still want to be connected to it".

Craig

• Chris Winward
    edited 01/05/17
    Options

Craig

Thanks for the response.

Another way we thought of was if there is anyway to be able reference the Webforms URL automatically into a cell within the sheet?  If we could do this then we could pickup the url in that cell from the other sheet?  So in theory the sheet gets saved as new and therefore the webform's url changes and the cell referencing updates.  The other sheet then picks up this change as the cell is linked?  I cannot find a way of picking up the webform url other than manually?

Thanks

Chris

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi All—

There currently isn't a way to automatically have these URLs update to the new web form URLs, but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list for further consideration. We appreciate your input!

This discussion has been closed.