How can I use two conditions to return a specific result in another column
I am working on creating a form for stakeholders to complete that will populate a smartsheet that we've had in place for several months. This would create efficiencies for us and help our stakeholders as well. I want to be able to do the following:
When a specific selection of department is made, and the spend amount is above or below a specific number, I want to automatically populate who is being assigned to that record. There are multiple departments that can be assigned to each person, and the spend amount would be the true differentiation.
- Sally and Mary handle smaller spend under $500K
- Sally supports Marketing, Finance, and IT
- Mary supports HR, Facilities, and Maintenance
- Joe and Karen handle larger spend over $500K
- Joe supports Marketing and HR
- Karen supports IT, Facilities and Maintenance
A) How would I want to write the formula for the column that would define who the record is assigned to?
B) How would I display this in the form automatically once those form fields are populated with data?
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!