Automated Message Activity & Ownership

I have several questions:

1. Is there an activity log that shows the automated messages that are actually sent from Smartsheet?
  2. I transferred ownership of a sheet to fully licensed user, but my name (as former owner) still appears on all the notifications. How do we change this?
Tags:

Answers

• Steve Reed
    Steve Reed ✭✭✭✭

Donna,

Answers to your questions (to the best of my knowledge):

1. Unless they have released this functionality recently, there is no administrative visibility to view all automated messages from Smartsheet. When I was at Engage '19, I spoke with some of their product people and it seemed like they were planning on enhancing Smartsheet's administrative capabilities. Not sure where those changes stand though.
    2. Not sure exactly where you are talking about your name appearing in this question. If you hard coded your name in the message content, obviously that would have to be manually updated. Otherwise, I would think the new sheet owner's name should be reflected. (One other possibility may be that if you set up the automation, it may still reflect your name as the creator. You could check that by disabling yours and have the new owner create a new one. If their name shows on the new one, there is your answer!)

Good luck!

Steve

Steve Reed, Smartsheet Practice Lead/Architect

ADAPTURE, Smartsheet Platinum Partner

sreed@adapture.com | 843.422.1484