Questions related resource management view

Mengdong Zheng
edited 06/22/20 in Smartsheet Basics

A number of questions. Please provide an "yes/no" answer, following with further elaboration.

1) In the resource management view, the resources are sorted by their names. Is it possible for me to include additional information about the resource (such as department, email, etc.) as a column in the resource management view and then sort based those additional columns?

2) If it's currently not possible to question 1, is it possible to create a separate sheet to add the more resource information in columns (department, email), and at the same time refer the information from resource view in the same sheet?

3) Is it possible to set certain project as subjected for resource management in one view, but not another? For example, if I create one resource view and include this project, I'd like to see the resource allocation with the workload of this project. However, in another resource view, I doesn't want to see that project.

4) Is it possible to track planned resource allocation versus the actual resource allocation? For example, in project plan I have the 20% allocated to one resource, and I want to track the actual load on the resource as how many hours spent on the project in that week (say 12 hours), so I can compare the planned 20% versus actual 30% (12/40).

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers