Creating a form with Multiple Logics

I have a very large worksheet - almost 80 columns wide. Of those, about 20 are formula "Only" columns where personnel will not enter data.

I would love to use the same form, select from the drop down and the fields auto-populate. But I am getting this error.

Is there a limit? Or is the error because I am selecting the same columns for the most part? Asking for an enhancement so that this will work best.

My only option is to create separate forms based on the treatment selected.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @beth_linder28141

I believe you could still use one form for this, but you'd need to break up your statement so that not all of the columns are dependent on this one selection.

For example, have this one selection bring up the first 10 columns related to that choice. Then when the 10th column is filled out, have a new rule for the next 10 columns related to that choice to pop up. Since that 10th column is only visible from the first selection, these options won't show if something else was picked at the beginning. Does that make sense?

The second-to-last bullet point in our Help Center goes through this type of "nested logic" which should help your form to process (see here).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Elizabeth Aird
    Elizabeth Aird ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I will try that!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

No problem! Let me know if it works 🙂