Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hyperlinking Images?

Options
Emily B.
Emily B.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello-

I am working on converting an inventory spreadsheet that is currently in excel and moving it over to Smartsheet for additional functionality. I would like to include images - is it possible to actually hyperlink an image once it is attached?

Thank you!

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Emily,

There isn't a way to turn an image into a hyperlink but I'll add your vote for this to our enhancement request list for further consideration. 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Emily,

To add a little more to this, you can insert images in your cells (right-click the cell for the insert image option). You can also create hyperlinks in an adjacent column (right-click the cell to see this option).

We don't have a way to make an image into a hyperlink, or to put an image and hyperlink in the same cell. Are you able to provide more information on your use case for this type of feature? Our Product team is interested in how you're using Smartsheet.

• Emily B.
    Options

Hi Shaine,

Thanks so much for your assistance with this! I work for a corporate event planning company and I am currently trying to migrate an existing marketing collateral document from excel into Smartsheet. The end user uses this document to keep track of a large number of marketing products/"chatchskis", including the total number available of each item. She wants to include an image of each item on her sheet, as well as being to link back to the url where she would reorder each individual item. I've been able to include each image and then just add the hyperlink to the cell with the name of each product and that seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again! 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Emily—

Thanks for following up. I've passed this info on to our Product team so they can better understand the need for this type of enhancement request. We love hearing how people use Smartsheet, and how we can make it better. :)

This discussion has been closed.