#INVALID DATA TYPE - WORKDAY FORMULA

sahilhq
sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest why I may be getting #INVALID DATA TYPE error when using the formula shown below? I just can't seem to figure it out....

=WORKDAY(TODAY(), [SSI - Customer OH Days]@row)

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sahil,

The Workday function calculates the number of Workdays between two dates, so both cells/values referenced have to be dates or TODAY.

Make sense?

WORKDAY([Due Date]1, 30, [Due Date]2:[Due Date]3)

Syntax

WORKDAY( date num_days [ holidays ])

• date — The date to begin counting from.
    • num_days — The number of working days before (negative number) or after (positive number) the date.
    • holidays —[optional] The dates to exclude from the count.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• sahilhq
    sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Yes, it does make sense. However, can you kindly suggest me with a formula to use for my case? Basically in the formula cell I would like it to find the date by adding "395" to today's date (06/07/20 +395.2 days = "Date"??) Just like how in row 1 it added 0 to today's date to show a value of 06/07/20. I hope my query makes sense?

• sahilhq
    sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Hi again, just to add to the above message, the "SSI - Customer OH Days" formula also has a formula stored underneath. But what I am finding strange is that as soon as I manually say add the whole number (395), in the "SSI - Customer OH Days" cell, the "SSI -Customer OH Depleting Date" formula works! Does this mean that for the above WORKDAY formula to work, each syntax cannot be built from a formula like how the "SSI - Customer OH Days" is built?

Please suggest a formula and the best way forward....

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sahilhq

Apologies, I misread your post. The Workday function doesn't need two dates, but it need to be whole numbers. You have to decrease the decimals to make it work.

Ok?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.