Workaround for resource leveling or displaying resource constraints w/o resources enabled

Working in small company, so we dont' have ability to purchase 10000 or have every resource assigned projects be SS users...is there any sort of workaround that could present similar picture?

Tags:

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

for resources to appear in the inbuilt resource views users don't need to be using Smartsheet and they don't need a license.

So, if your company is small, prepare an excel list according to this advice:

import them as users without license. Then assign them to thee tasks in your projects and voila, they appear in the resource view.

Hope this helps

Stefan

PS: Besides the resource view you miss a lot of functionality and possible time savers, if the people don't make use of the collaboration and automation features in Smartsheet.

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sborror

To add to Stefan's excellent advice.

You can add any email address, and it doesn’t even have to be a real one. In that way, you can add something like machine1@domain.com to be able to include other types of resources as well.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.