countifs formula help!

Options

Hey! So I have 17 sheets that I need to pull data from. Each sheet is a form that an employee uses to fill out a survey. Each employee is required to fill out 4 surveys a month. I need to create a sheet that references those survey sheets and tally up how many surveys that employee completed each month. For instance July, August, Sept. Our previous excel doc used the countifs and referenced a date table we changed monthly for the correct counts. How can I do this in Smartsheets? Here is the formula I am trying to use that doesn't work. I am referencing the other sheet

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Are you sure you have 17 Sheets? Or is it 17 rows of data on one Sheet? If the same form is being used, it is the same Sheet.

Regardless, this is hard to answer without seeing the Sheet or one of the 17 Sheets that is being used to capture the form data. Can you provide a Screenshot of at least the column headers?

Something like COUNTIFS({Employee}, "Name of Employee", {Date Complete}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell)=MONTH(TODAY()), 0)) could work for this.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try somethign along the lines of...

=COUNTIFS({Range 1}, A@row, {Range 2}, AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = F2, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = F4))

• Sbrown882
    Options

I have 17 sheets. 17 different forms. A couple sheets are assigned to 2 employees.

Here is one of the sheets. All the forms have the same questions. Different sheets have different answers to the questions. But everything else is the same