Ability to automatically update end date on a row, after row is created based on create date

07/24/20
Answered - Pending Review

We are currently using a Form to submit requests for changes and would like to use logic to update the end date of a row after the form is submitted and based on the create date plus X number of days OR after a status is updated, if the end date is blank update the row based on X number of days. Is this type of function or conditional logic possible?

Popular Tags:

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kourtney Plotzker

Not sure I follow!

Do you want to change the date in another row than the one submitted?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• I want to add the date to a row that was created based on the create date plus a certain number of days.

@Kourtney Plotzker

Ok. Yes, it's possible. You'll need to make sure that the following are true so the formula autofill works, and then you can add a the formula to add the days referencing the created date.

Make sense?

Would that work?

The new row will be auto-filled with the formulas if there are two rows below/above with the same formulas and the same level of hierarchy.

More details:

If the formula structure is the same above/below the Formula Autofill will add the formula(s) automatically.

Conditions That Trigger Formula Autofill

You’ll see formulas populate automatically when you type in a newly inserted or blank row that is:

• Directly between two others that contain the same formula in adjacent cells.
    • At the topmost of the sheet if it’s above two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • At the bottommost of the sheet if it’s below two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • Above or below a single row that is between blank rows and has formulas.

More info: 

Best,

Andrée Starå

• thank you! I think this makes since, in my situation it would be at the bottommost of the sheet below two rows that have the same formula. I just need to figure out the formula to use.

edited 07/24/20

@Kourtney Plotzker

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Try something like this.

[email protected] + 7

Did that work?

Best,

Andrée Starå

• actually I don't think you can use formulas in date fields that are used in project settings / dependencies.

edited 07/24/20

@Kourtney Plotzker

Unfortunately, that is correct if I'm not mistaken.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå