Alert Automation Not Working - Alert Triggered on Row (field) Change

Hi,

I have setup a few automated rules to alert a user within a column (me) to changes to specific fields.

I can't see what I could have done wrong in the config as its such a simple thing to setup but would like to know if I have missed anything here.

Screen shots attached 1) of the fields in question 2) of the rule I have setup

Answers

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni

The alert should work - I ran a test and it worked for me. I'm wondering 2 things:

1) It's only going to work if the row had another value and CHANGED to one of these 2 values. The row that you highlighted - did the Project Phase or Handover Complete columns get those values before or after you created the alert? If they already had those values before you created the alert, then the alert is not going to trigger.

2) I have a lag between when I see the alert in my Smartsheet Notifications and when it shows up in my email. That could be an issue for you also.

• Hi,

Its strange as I have tried all combinations to trigger the alert and its just not come through.

I have since tried another one of my alerts. A simple column change (RAG) not with a combined rule as before and place a colleague into the column where the alert looks up the recipient.

My colleague received an alert, I then put myself back in the recipient column and made a change again and.... no alert received.

It might be a setting on my account so I will check this,

• Ramsay Zaki
    Ramsay Zaki ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i am having the same issue. When I set an alert to happen immediately (right click the row, etc)... it works. But, my weekly automations stopped working appx 3 weeks ago.

• Same issue here. Frustrating!

• Hi @Ramsay Zaki and @Charissa Austin

If you are suddenly not receiving some of your automated workflows, this may be due to the security settings on your email systems. Some users have reported successful resolution by working with their IT teams to ensure that the domains listed in this help article (here) are added to the allow list of their email spam and security systems.

You can read more about this on our Status page (here).

Otherwise, if this has not helped, please reach out to our Support team and provide them with the sheet names, screen captures of your workflows, and a list of the email addresses that are no longer receiving notifications.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Need more help? 👀 | Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao! 👋 | Global Discussions