What is the best way to collect resources time using Smartsheet Form?

Using forms, I am trying to collect the time my resources spend each week across multiple project codes. I am looking for total hours spent by project during a time period. I would want to collect the following information

User Name, Start Period, End Period, Project Code, Hours

I can do this when it is one project code, but I am stuck when i want them to enter time for more than 1 project. I would like the second project entry to create a new row so I can see total hours for each project when summarized across resources.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

With forms, one entry equals one row. In the form settings you can have the form reload after submission to make it easier for them to resubmit it with the second project details. So the users should submit one form entry for each project, if they have multiple projects just have them submit the form for each one and you will get a new row of data for each entry.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Is there another option outside of forms to accomplish this? I have many Engineers which work on 4-7 projects in a week and I am trying to avoid them having to create up to 7 form submissions each week.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Travis Hooper

Another option could be to have another sheet (could be one for each Engineer) where they register their time. It can then be automatically moved or copied over to your Master Sheet by using Workflows.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.