Pretty frustrated... you have to create a smartsheet account to fill out a form???

Options

I just created a form that I'll be using for my airbnb guests. I texted it to myself to test it and it asks me to log-in and create an account. I spend a ridiculous amount of money for smartsheet and pretty annoyed that I am now going to have to find another solution? I'm not going to force my guests to create a smartsheet account.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/24/20
    Options

Hi @Julie Hill

Fortunately, they don't have to have an account. You only need to change a setting for it to work.

More info.

Security - Require people to login to Smartsheet to access this form.

By turning this setting on, people who fill out this form will be required to login with their Smartsheet username and password before accessing the form. They do not require a license, just a valid Smartsheet username and password. If a person is already logged in to Smartsheet they will not be required to login again. If they do not have a Smartsheet account they can create one to login and access this form.

TIP: If this option is enabled, the form submitters will see their email address automatically populated when they check the box to receive a copy of the form responses.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julie Hill
    Options

Thx Andree. What's the setting? I looked through everything and didn't see anything. Is there also a way to automatically send the user a copy of the form vs. them selecting that option when submitting? (one of the fields is collecting an email addy so I hate to have them fill this out twice)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Julie Hill

Happy to help!

Here's where you can change it.

Also, it's possible to set up an automated alert that would use the other field with the email address in the form to send the submitter a copy.

You'll need to add a so-called helper column (contact type) that references the original column.

Make sense?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julie Hill
    Options

Thank you! However it's still not working :(. See screenshot of my settings (I never even had "require to sign in" selected so this has always been off) and then the screenshot of my phone asking to sign in or to create an acct:

as far as the auto email thing, I have ZERO idea what you're talking about lol. I don't know what a helper column is! Thanks for your help!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Julie Hill

Let's start with part 1. 😉

My guess is that you're sharing the wrong link.

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

• Julie Hill
    Options

Ok I'm emailing you... thank you!!

• Enrique Rodriguez
    Options

Hello Julie,

was this issue fixed for you? I'm having the same problem. Please help.

• jonathan.hunter253751
    Options

I sent a form from my work email to my home email this morning. The default setting for signing into smartsheet is off, so it should have let me open the smartsheet form without creating a free account but that was not the case.

So far this option is still not working and is asking for users to sign up for smartsheet instead of opening the form.

This really does need to be corrected.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @jonathan.hunter253751

If the form setting does not require users to log in to Smartsheet then you should be able to access the form without creating an account; this means that what you're describing is unexpected behaviour.

I've tested this with one of my own forms and I'm unable to replicate what you're seeing. I've opened the form URL from an iPhone, an Android, and from two different laptops, and in each case I am able to open the form using browsers (such as Chrome) without creating a Smartsheet account.

Would you be able to provide a screen capture of the message you're seeing, the one asking you to create an account? And can you specify what device and browser you are opening the form from?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Craig Patterson
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing when it comes to the forms. I have used Smartsheet forms for years and only recently is it asking for form testors to create a Smartsheet account. This is a deal killer for public-facing forms.

• Susan Duhig
    Options

I am having a similar issue. If I send the form using the link the end user can only open it from the email. I would like them to be able to open it from the mobile app., and not have to continually refer back to the email. Is there a solution for this?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Susan Duhig

There isn't a way to save a Form URL or Form item inside the Smartsheet Mobile App, your users will need to click on the URL from the email and open it with the App.

As an alternative, you could have your users bookmark this URL in their Browser mobile app, if that helps! Or they could save the URL to their home screen on their mobile device (see this other Community post, here).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Postharvest
    Options

Hi i am experiencing this same thing my settings are set as they should , but forms i have created that share with my work mates all need too create an account too fill them out... which is not practical for us.

Please help

• Postharvest
    Options

got it sorted, just had to get them to delete there app, and just open link to form.... easy fix

Cheers

• Julie Brooks
    Options

@Postharvest Thank you for posting you had to delete the app on your phone to open the form. I have used forms for years to send an RSVP for events to a distribution list. This is the first time I experienced when I tested on my phone, I received the ad for Smartsheet and a request to login. I was just getting ready to design a Google form when I saw this post. I deleted the app on my phone and when I clicked the link the form opened in my browser.